Black Friday was phenomenal in the United Kingdom with online retailers having to deal with the sheer volume of clicks on their websites. However, online retailers still have to go through a lot of immense pressure with the coming holidays since UK shoppers are expected to spend an overwhelming £7.4 billion to £17.4 billion on online shopping. How will retailers cope up after the mad rush of Black Friday and Cyber Monday? Technology will come to their rescue.
The importance of technology in online retail operations
The physical side of retailing must be optimized and orders have to be processed in two hours and not two days. Optimization of retailing is a challenge that has to be faced because customers have to be provided with a seamless shopping experience whether they do it online or in brick and mortar stores. Retailers need to know what to stock and one of their sources of information is social media. Mining social media will allow retailers to know what is trending and what products consumers are planning to buy for the holidays. Retailers need to come up with the best sources for fast distribution and delivery and instead of using the stocks coming from their own store, they can get it from an outsourced supplier to save on time. Orders must arrive as fast as possible at the most convenient time and place to ensure that customers are happy.
Technology options to ensure fast delivery
Today’s stiff competition among couriers is giving retailers a lot of choices when it comes to delivery. MetaPack which handles most of the delivery for online stores in the UK uses technology to work out the available options in every location for the goods that have been ordered. It decides on the carrier that will offer the best value to retailers and handles all the tracking data so that consumers will know exactly where their parcels are during its journey. Two-hour windows are now becoming commonplace because it is a better incentive for online shoppers. Their convenience is extremely important and accuracy in delivery must be ensured to keep customers loyal. Other technology-driven innovations are expected to provide consumers a better shopping experience for this holiday season.
A gender discrimination lawsuit was filed against the software giant Microsoft and based on the court papers that were filed, the investigators from the Labor Department of the United States are able to find preliminary evidence that will prove that Microsoft is guilty of gender-based discrimination. This year, the department was able to inform the company of the findings.
The filing was made in United States District Court located in Seattle. There are three women behind the lawsuit against Microsoft and they are represented by an attorney named Kelly Dermody. These women are suing the company for allegedly discriminating them because of their gender. According to Dermody, the federal agency has already given notice of violation documents to the company during the months of May and June. The statement also said that the notices are about the department’s investigation as to the allegation of gender discrimination when it comes to pay and promotions for women.
Aside from the court filings, Dermody refused to give a comment.
From another statement by Microsoft’s spokeswoman, the company did not address directly the subject regarding the contents of the notices but it claims that they are in disagreement with the conclusion made. The company reiterated that they are committed to providing a diverse workplace for their employees and an environment where all the workers will have equal opportunity to be successful in their careers.
The spokeswoman also added that the federal government is conducting reviews in a regular basis concerning thousands of employers and they are issuing hundreds of these notices. The notice is considered as just a step needed. Microsoft is working together with the federal agency to answer all the queries they might have as well as to show them that the company is committed in giving equal opportunities to all of their employees.
The lawsuit was filed last year and the fact that the notices were handed over was revealed as a part of the ongoing battle. The lawsuit claims that Microsoft is discriminating when it comes to pay and promotion for their women employees. As big a company Microsoft is, there is no need for a process server because the federal government is in charge of the case.
The weak demand for Thailand’s exports was offset by increased government spending on road and rail projects. At the same time, the central bank also kept its key interest rates unchanged to allow time for the government’s fiscal spending to kick start growth. Investor confidence was further boosted by the peaceful completion of a national vote on the constitution last August 7. After the series of bombing attacks on the southern provinces of Thailand, the military has made security as its top priority.
Tourism has returned on the affected areas because the bombing are a one-time event that will soon disappear. Besides that the people have faith on the government that it can keep the situation under control. Bombings are no longer a risk factor for the second half of the year. Tourism and government spending are likely to be the key drivers for the second half of the year particularly since economic forecasts raised the estimate for tourist arrivals to about 33.5 million for the year as compared to the previous estimates of 33 million.
The baht has gained 0.2% to 34.712 against the US Dollar. According to the National Economic and Social Development Board (NESDB) the GDP or gross domestic product has expanded by 3.5% in the last three months through June from a year earlier. The numbers are close to the 3.3% estimate of Bloomberg News survey of 22 analysts. In fact, GDP grew by 0.8% from the previous three months as compared to the 0.5% median estimate.
The Prime Minister has issued a series of economic stimulus measures worth more than $18 billion since last September to support local demand. The NESDB expects that the government will further disburse 110.5 billion baht in the form of stimulus funds in addition to the 217 billion baht in the first six months of the year so that the economy can recover.
However, in spite of the economic problems, the real estate industry of Thailand remains strong. Tourist arrivals continue to increase with investors looking at different housing options. Pattaya condo for sale is easily available due to number of condominium developments in the coastal region.
The attendance for the famed furniture market in North Carolina fell slightly. This is an effect of the limiting protections for the LGBT community enacted into a law in March this year. North Carolina signed the most anti-LGBT law in the United States according to critics. LGBTQ advocates, civil rights groups and many corporations conveyed huge disappointments after the passing of the said law.
House Bill 2 prevents cities and counties in North Carolina from enacting their own rules against anti-discrimination rules. This is a statewide rule leaving out gender identity and sexual orientation.
The law orders government agencies, public schools and college campuses to designate bathrooms and other facilities by biological sex written from the birth certificate. This means that transgenders can only use these facilities if they get their biological sex changed on their birth certificates. North Carolina is the only state requiring public schools and universities to have students use bathrooms according to their biological sex. Attendance numbers from the High Point Market including exhibitors, buyers, media and students summed to a little over 79,000. This is a decrease from the previous year. Given last year, attendance rose 2.5% from 2014.
The High Point Markets, happening twice in a year, bring a 5 billion dollar yearly economic activity to the state of North Carolina. Before House Bill 2, April’s event was the largest economic activity in the state.
Buyers for Williams-Sonoma Inc. including Pottery Barn and West Elm shunned the event. There were no furniture makers and furniture importers that missed the opportunity to display their updated products like Home Furniture, Bathroom Furniture and many more. In addition, they already spent millions of dollars aside from months of preparations for their showrooms and entertainment.
It was already predicted by the market authorities that hundreds may skip the event. However, no mentions were said of the law, and no one from the market mentioned anything about the delay of the figures’ release for this year. The next market is set to take place in October days prior to the fall election which might affect the governor’s race as a reaction from the voters due to the House Bill 2.
When Brexit vote won, economic activity deteriorated and both the manufacturing and service sectors saw a decline in the amount of outputs and orders. On the other hand, exports increased due to the weakening pound. Service providers like insurance and advertising companies are feeling less positive about the economy than at any time since the since the height of the global recession. Even the packaging industry has been affected particularly when purchasing raw materials from Europe.
On the other hand, the packaging industry has been advised to calm down following the Brexit vote because according to Kieran Ferguson of paper merchant Warren, paper mills are taking a long view and they are trying to maintain current prices. However, this caveat will depend on how the exchange rates move and prices will likely be reviewed. If the packaging industry cannot absorb the increase in prices of raw materials, their option is to pass it on to customers. Given the nature of the packaging industry, an average 5% increase in raw materials, associated margins and volatility of the exchange rate will have to be passed on.
So far, the packaging industry is trying to minimize the impact on the customers by offering product options where no price increase has been applied or from the existing stocks that have not yet been affected. The current situation in Britain is really difficult for all parties but it is time for calm heads to intervene. Sensible discussions between customers and suppliers will recognize the challenges currently faced. With cooperation and a little luck, the challenges will be overcome.
Because of the escalation of the fallout from the business community due to Brexit, business leaders are planning to cut spending by next year. The UK vote to leave the European Union seems to be hitting business confidence. According to forecast group EY Item Club, investments and consumer spending are bound to be held back due to economic uncertainty.
In the United States, Paper Mart is one of the trusted names in the industry. With over 90 years experience in providing different packaging products and supplies to customers, Paper Mart is your best option for quality and low prices.
Since the vote for leaving EU has been announced, there is already chaos in the world market but how does it affects the international law firms? Though Brexit will not be taking place for another two years, there are already immediate impacts it has caused to many industries far and wide. For starters, sterling has decreased by over 10 per cent – the lowest it has ever been for over three decades. Here are different ways the decision over Brexit will affect the international law firms:
– Brexit may be bad news for some such as the world market, the currencies and even the Prime Minister of Britain, David Cameron, who resigned following the decision. Law firms, on the other hand, will be busy with the influx of client inquiries asking them how Brexit will affect the state of their business. Many of the big firms must have installed a 24 hour hotline in order to accommodate all of their clients and their demands.
– Lawyers in the field of trade, financial as well as regulatory services will be very busy and will most likely spend 80 hours working every week, the same cannot be said for transactional lawyers. Investors will not be making any move while the market is in turmoil thus they will not be doing any deals with such unpredictable market.
– The financial aspect of the law firms will be affected because the transactional services they do are the main revenue driver. Now, that aspect is more likely to slow down, if not halt, for a while. The advisory work that they will be doing with their clients following Brexit will be another way to compensate and will make their relationship stronger.
– Lawyers based in London will not be having any new foreign clients soon considering that the value of pound has take a dive. They used to be viewed as the most expensive lawyers in the world but since the pound is weaker, foreign clients will be paying them with foreign currency and the same currency will be paid to the partners.
For businesses in Thailand that are unsure of what to do after the Brexit, there is a reputable International Law Firm in Bangkok & Samui that they can seek advice from.
The prices of residential properties in Asia have remained low and their currencies are weak compared to the dollar. This is the major reason why foreign investors are extremely interested in the Asian property market. Early this year, Thailand’s property firms made efforts to promote residential projects overseas and they became successful enough to close deals with some foreign buyers who were looking for a second or third home in the nation.
Last year, Sansiri, a leading property developer in Thailand, recorded presales worth 3.5 billion baht to foreign buyers. For the first two quarters of this year, Sansiri recorded 2 billion baht from its condo sales to Hong Kong, Taiwan and Mainland China property buyers. The overall sales target for presales for this year is 42 billion baht.
The implementations of Asean Economic Community this year including the weaker baht are the reasons for the major boost in foreign demand towards condominiums in Bangkok’s central business district. Buyers from Hong Kong and Mainland China are the main target of property developers that are focused on high-end residential projects.
However, it is not only Thailand that is experiencing a boost in its property market; other countries in Asia are also experiencing high demand from foreign investors. For the second quarter of this year, Vietnam sold more than 10,000 apartments to foreign buyers who were legally allowed to own up to 30% of the apartment units in a project. The total number of units sold in 2015 was double that of 2014 because of the continuing support provided by banks to developers and buyers.
Meanwhile, Indonesia under President Widodo has amended its property laws to allow foreigners to own landed houses as long as they hold resident permits. This is part of the government’s efforts to boost the economy of Indonesia and to attract foreign investors in the country.
If you are an overseas buyer who wants to invest in a condo for sale Bangkok, you best option is to work with professional real estate agents who are familiar with Thailand property market. You can buy with confidence when you gain knowledge and firsthand experience with the local market.
The Supreme Leader of Iran, Ayatollah Ali Khamenei, gave a speech last May 2 to the Iranian teachers and expressed how the system used by the United States, Israel as well as many other hostile countries is internationally hegemonic. According to him, the design of such system will shift the culture of the youth in Iran and it will neither be indigenous nor Islamic. He used the continued promotion of the English language in many Iranian schools as an example.
The leader expressed that he knows that all high school students are required to take English language classes but he also learned that some of the students in Kindergarten level are already learning English. Khamenei said that he does not oppose learning another foreign language but he is not supportive of promoting a foreign tongue to people who are younger such as the children and adolescents.
President Hassan Rouhani has made it clear that he is engaging in more dealings with the West in order to help the declining economy of the country thus he responded to Khamenei’s speech regarding the English language classes.
Rouhani opened up about the comments made by the Supreme Leader during the Supreme Cultural Council and he countered it by asking the question: Why are European students required to learn two other foreign languages and in this case Iran is one step behind. He also expressed that offering foreign language classes to the youth will open more opportunities for them and make them be aware of another world with more advanced science and more information and knowledge.
The President make use of India as an example since it is able to gain more economic advantage because it has taken up a second language. According to him, India is a country with 2 billion people but they have been rising in the field of Information Technology because students are familiar with the English language. Rouhani placed emphasis on learning a language that will help the youth get jobs in the future and also improve the economic situation of the county. Thus more English teachers are being hired since they get paid to teach English abroad.
There are some popular startups like Coinbase, Circle, Blockchain and BitPay that are involved in bitcoin mining; however, the most important are the miners or people and organizations that form the backbone of bitcoin to ensure the integrity of the digital currency. Bitcoin mining is a decentralized process of computation that creates new bitcoins in each block or confirms transactions in a trustworthy manner when there is adequate computational power devoted to a block.
Bitcoin runs on a decentralized blockchain where a public ledger of every transaction is made on the network. Users get a chance to earn bitcoins through processing power that is why organizations make the effort to assemble more sophisticated and powerful equipment for mining the digital currency. Decentralization has great benefits but there are also risks. For example, if the top three organizations were to join forces to control 51% of the network, they gain the power to rewrite the blockchain as they deem fit. Using data derived from bitcoin network analysis company Blockrail, the biggest mining companies are ranked, as follows:
- F2Pool or DiscusFish is operated by two Chinese technology enthusiasts, Wang Chun and Mao Shihang. According to a spokesman from the Business Insider, the pool does not own any hardware because 100% of its hash power comes from the users. In July 2015, F2Pool was able to generate the largest bitcoin transaction ever when it cleared up a spam attack intended to clog the network.
- AntPool is run by Bitmain a Chinese mining hardware company that accounts for 56% of global bitcoin miners. It is claimed that AntPool is the largest cloud miner in the world.
- BW Pool is another Chinese digital currency company.
- BTCC is a relative newcomer having been launched at the end of 2014. It is one of the biggest players in bitcoin exchanges and digital currency solutions.
Bitcoins are digital currency but before you risk your investment to gain a few bitcoins for your own, make sure you know and understand How Bitcoin Mining Works. Mining is word used to refer to gold but in the bitcoin mining industry, mining is the verification of bitcoin transactions.
If you are looking for a good printing company that will help you provide the printed materials you need for your company’s marketing endeavours, you should know that finding a good printing company can be quite difficult. The difficulty comes not with the lack of choice but with the abundance thereof.
Basically, when you hit search on Google, you would be met with countless of results, companies all offering the same thing to you and it can get overwhelming especially if you have no idea how to find the right one. But how do you know that a company is competent and reliable? Easy! All you need to do is to look for certain qualities that all good printing companies possess.
- When looking for a printing company, look for one that would help you find ways that would lower your printing costs. Good printing companies would always put your interests above all else, even their own.
- Good printing companies will always strive to provide the best quality service and products to their customers and not reduce the qualities of the products to soothe their own interests.
- Look for a printing company that has loyal customers that return to their services because good printing companies would not lower their own prices to attract customers. Their reputation and through word of mouth referrals is what they bank on to get customers. This is because customers return to their services as they trust the company.
- Good printers would always give their customers proofs that would ensure them that the final product will be finished perfectly
- Consistency is a good quality to look for. The printing company must be consistent in the quality of their products from the first to the last.
- Good printing companies don’t always have to offer free delivery. However, they must always deliver the goods on time or ahead of time.
- They will listen to you and consider all your needs but they will also provide professional input based on their experience that would only better your products.
Good printing services Perth will strive to build a good relationship with you knowing that when you trust them, you’d return to their services in the future.
In the last few decades, many international companies have established their presence in Asia by opening a local office in Singapore. It is not surprising for global companies to choose Singapore because it is a thriving financial and creative hub in the Southeast Asian region. Adding to its appeal as an attractive destination to investors is the significant geographical location and high living standards of Singapore.
Because of the large number of international companies that are putting up offices in Singapore, a demand for innovative office designs has been created. Traditional office spaces have to be transformed with long term sustainability in mind. An appealing office design must be effective for the recruitment and retention of talents at the same time that interior design must be able to create a space with a strong sense of corporate culture and identity.
In order to achieve an effective but highly appealing office design, many global companies have made the effort to reach out to architects and designers who can address the needs of the workplace. The primary goal of office design must enhance the company’s brand values and optimize workplace space. One example of a successful collaboration that has resulted into a great design solution was between design practice Aplusi Asia and workplace strategist MCM Architecture of London. Both companies worked together to create a design for DBS Bank Ltd.’s new training and learning facility. The collaboration resulted into a traditional training facility with an interactive environment that allows open conversations.
So that workplaces will be relevant to their specific context, global companies have recognized the importance of establishing workplace design solutions in local culture. Most of the designs created were a mix of local culture and international styles with some diversity of theme in certain areas. Traditional building materials and furnishings are used in the design to achieve a sophisticated yet distinct feel.
Interior design Bangkok can bring a touch of elegance and sophistication to your home. The design idea is not merely to create a visually appealing space but an environment with a soothing effect that can improve your mood. Interior Design Bangkok is prepared to create a design that is truly special.
Plumbing isn’t a glamorous profession but you can be assured the plumbing is always in demand which means that there is always steady work as well as advancement opportunities. Before you can become a qualified plumber, know that you would have to dedicate a number of years. Plumbing would also require a passion for lifelong learning because with the rapid advancements in technology, you can expect new and modern ways to plumbing.
To become a plumber, you would need to understand Math and Science and understand tools or equipment that comes with the profession. A plumber would also need to have a good physical body, one that focuses on endurance as plumbing is a very physical profession and enhanced stamina would be needed for you to function day by day.
When it comes to career advancements, you can say that the world of plumbing offers a diverse career path as well as good wages. In fact, highly experienced plumbers, especially Master Plumbers, can have the opportunity to start their own businesses. Plumbers can progress to design, teaching, management and even consultancy. With plumbing, it is safe to say that your future is safe.
Practicality is needed in plumbing and is an important quality to possess. You would need to have a love for the craft and be satisfied with the work you are doing. Engineering, science and math all play an important factor in plumbing so you should at least have a good understanding of these subjects. Another quality that you would need to possess is good communication skills. You would need to communicate effectively so that you are able to fully understand your customers and their needs so that you can address them. Lastly, you would need to be trustworthy because customers want someone they can trust.
Taking a plumbing course is necessary to become a plumber. This course should be aimed at S/NVQ level 2/3. Technical Colleges often offer these courses.
Know that the training could take a few years in the least. In fact, to attain an NVQ level 3, it would take about at least 2 to 3 years so you would need to be patient and dedicated if you want to become a highly qualified plumber like those of Richards Plumbing.
They say that gifts are a gesture of love and when it comes to your significant other, they truly are. People can’t blame you if you want to give the best and only the best to your partner. However, one of the biggest challenges that couples face is finding the right gift to give. Naturally you would want to give something that would last, something that would represent you and your emotions or feelings towards the other person. You would want to give something that would resonate through to your partner and something that he/she can truly appreciate.
Sadly, there is no such thing as a perfect gift. But when it comes to couple, anything that is given with love is perfect. So if you want to give a great gift to your significant other, it would definitely help you if you consider the following:
- How long have you been together? Gift giving for couples tend to change depending on the length of time their relationship had lasted. For couples who are still in the early stages of their relationship, you probably want to impress your significant other. However, by doing so, you are opening rooms for expectation and in the long run, it can get quite overwhelming. Go with something simple. Trust your instincts and bear in mind the things your partner is interested in.
- Financial trouble. Sometimes, couples are unable to give gifts to one another due to financial issues. But when they do it becomes even more special. Try saving at least 20 dollars a day if possible or a week.
- You can never go wrong with personalized gifts. Through personalized gifts, you would be able to your own personal touch which makes the gift more special and more meaningful.
- The quality of the gift is always important. While you may think quantity is better, quality actually matters more. Whether you go for personalized gifts or even a short trip, make sure to choose based one quality because quality adds to the specialness of the gift.
Tensions regarding a 95 year old shipping law have been reignited when the governor of Puerto Rico said that it has contributed to the dire fiscal situation of the island. This charge met a fierce resistance coming from the shipping industry in the US but at the same time had support from some economists and oil companies.
Governor Garcia Padilla of Puerto Rico said in a speech that the $72 billion debt of Puerto Rico called for the island’s exemption from the Jones Act which required ships that carried goods and products from one US port to another to be constructed in the US have US owners and should be staffed mostly by US crews. Since Puerto Rico is an island, it relied heavily on ships to bring goods from the United States to its ports. A report released in 2012 authored by two University of Puerto Rico economists made the conclusion that the policy translated to a $537 million hit to the economy of the island in the year 2010 and recommended that the policy be phased out.
Discussion in the Jones Act came after the governor shocked all of the bond-holders by telling them that he wants the huge debt be restructures and postpone the payments of bonds after a decade long recession which was characterized by high unemployment. The role that the Jones Act has played in the recent fiscal crisis of Puerto Rico is still being hotly debated. Shipping companies are saying that the island has benefited from several years of reliable service. Critics also say that it has unfairly raised prices to the loss of the Puerto Rican people and businesses.
One official at the Crowley Maritime Corporation said that it is quite unfortunate that the Jones Act is used by Puerto Rico as one of its excuse for the financial crisis it was experiencing which was brought about by too much spending and borrowing in the public sector.
This crisis in the shipping industry in Puerto Rico is an issue that really needs to be addressed as soon as possible. Paper Mart shipping supplies or even other companies engaged in shipment are affected as long as the issue does not go away.
If there is one thing that people value the most, it would have to be privacy and security. For some people, privacy and security are the biggest luxuries in the world especially if one could get this at the comfort of their own homes. While it is possible to achieve full privacy at home, security however remains a clouded issue. There will always be threats to your family’s security at home no matter what you but you should also know that there are a few ways for you to prevent or alleviate these threats and one of the best ways to do so is by installing a home security system.
A home security system would not only keep you and your loved ones safe from intrusion and burglary, it will also be able to prevent carbon monoxide poisoning and fires. Security systems would also provide security for your valuables. Knowing you have a security system in place would give you peace of mind. So if you plan on getting 4th response alarms and install full-proof security systems in your home, here is a simple guide to choosing one.
Before anything else, it is important that when going for a home security system, you should always know your options.
- Reputable Companies. If you want a comprehensive and even a customized security system for your home, you may want to get one from a well established and highly reputable company. There are numerous local companies who would send out representatives in order to present a wide selection of security system options and you may choose the one that would fit your lifestyle the most as well as the type of home you live in. You would also have the benefit of getting access to their call centers for problems.
- Security Bundles. When you already have a company that manages your Internet as well as your cable services, then you may also want to avail security systems from them because you might save a whole lot more when you do so.
- DIY Systems. The good thing with technology nowadays is that you are now being given the option of choosing to opt for DIY alarm systems which are considerable much cheaper.
If you have a passion for cooking and eating, then you should probably make money out of this passion of yours. However, getting into a restaurant business can also be very difficult. When you do decide to open a restaurant, you should say good bye to your weekends and say hello to long days and long nights. Having a restaurant would require hard work and dedication. You would also need to be flexible and organized as well as being friendly and accommodating. But know that even with its difficulties, a restaurant business can be very lucrative in the long run.
If you are interested in opening a restaurant, here’s how:
- Find a location. Location is everything for a restaurant. Know that your restaurant’s location could either make or break you. That is why it is important that you choose the perfect location. However, the word perfect can be defined in a number of ways. You should consider your restaurant’s location carefully. Normally, it would do you good to find a busy location, particularly one that is at the center of a business district because of the high concentration of people visiting and living there.
- Choose a concept. There are many kinds of restaurant concepts that you can choose from. You can go for a café, an eatery, a pizzeria, etc. Remember that your restaurant’s concept will drive everything about the restaurant, from its menu to its look and decorations.
- Choose a menu. The menu is the one responsible for setting the tone of the restaurant. It is also the main customer driver. Make sure your menu is connected with your restaurant concept. As a beginner, you should also think about offering a standard or general price range.
- Secure finances. Finding financing for your business can be difficult since banks don’t normally trust loaning to restaurants. However, if you’re eager enough, then you might find the necessary finances to fund your restaurant.
- Stock your restaurant. Find out what your restaurant needs from equipment, to facilities and even staff. You should also think about making a website so that you would also become exposed to the numerous opportunities online just like what Two Fat Indians did with their twofatindians.com.au
Christmas has been often dubbed as the most wonderful time of the year. With all the festivities, the laughter, the food and the gifts, this may all be true in a sense, but you should also keep in mind that Christmas can become the most stressful time of the year as well. Not only would you have to keep a good budget on the food, the decors, the expenses of having your entire family coming over for a visit, and buying gifts.
Now, speaking of gifts, it can also be quite frustrating having to find the perfect ones to give to your loved ones, especially if your loved ones consist of a long list of friends and family.
To help you out, here are some tips that you can use to find the perfect Christmas gifts.
- Consider all the interests of the recipient. Now, what are they interested in? Do they love sports? Music? Or are they a fan of a particular TV series or book? It is always important that you find a gift that the recipient can truly appreciate and to do this, you must base your gift on the things he loves to do.
- Consider the past. Have you known the recipient for a long time? If so, then maybe you can use this to your advantage. If you have old photos of your childhood together, or a particular item you gave each other, then why not place them inside a black gift box and decorate them. This would not only be the best gift but it can also bring in the feeling of nostalgia.
- Consider what they need. Yes, everyone is in need of something but you must think beyond that and find something that they can actually use. Try to consider their profession. For example, you have a friend who is a doctor. What you can do is to find something that a doctor is sure to use.
- Consider stalking. If all else fails, you have the option of stalking them day and night in order to find what they can appreciate the most. Yes, this maybe extreme but Christmas is special and you want your gifts to be special too.
While some people complain about the premature holiday push, there are actually shoppers who embrace the Christmas creep.
Two distinct surveys reported last week showed that there are in fact shoppers who already started purchasing gifts. Few even are done purchasing Christmas sweaters, black gift box, fancy gift boxes and toys. They have basically crossed out all the items in their Christmas list.
A survey done on Labor Day by CreditCards.com revealed that approximately one out of seven Americans have now started purchasing for the festive season. The early birds equate to 32 million shoppers. Two percent of the early birds which accounts to 4.6 million shoppers are already finished with their Christmas gift list.
A separate survey by Rubicon project revealed more robust results. Thirty percent of buyers from Canada, U.K and U.S. have begun their holiday shopping by this time.
Matt Schulz, the chief analyst of one of the surveys remarked that we whine that stores place their holiday items earlier every year. But in fact millions of citizens begin with their Christmas shopping way before the stores start to have holiday displays.
The timing of holiday purchase tends to depend on different buyer groups. As observed by CreditCards.com, parents are two times more inclined to have begun purchasing compared to those with no children. Gramps and grannies are way ahead than everyone else with their holiday shopping; seven percent from the 65 years old and above group are already done shopping. In contrast, only one percent from the 64 year old and below group is done.
The income of an individual also affects the timing of shopping. People with lesser income tend to start crossing out their lists earlier. Findings from the first survey showed that 19% of shoppers with $75,000 annual income believe to end their gift shopping before the Christmas month. Meanwhile, 30% of shoppers with $30,000 annual income expect to do the same.
Starting Christmas shopping as early as possible is a wise idea for someone on a budget, Schulz remarked. Layaway plans are availed easier if shopping is done ahead of time.
Rubicon’s survey was done online while CreditCards.com did it over the phone.
More and more companies are leveraging the internet to increase revenue like them UglyChristmasSweater.com. Information technology has indeed transformed the way various companies do their business. Advance technologies allow businesses to automate the process information and manual operations. While business technology was previously focused through server storage, cash register systems, and point of sale, a huge technological advancement is the internet. The internet has created new forms of communication and other methods of conducting businesses that companies use when processing information.
The internet has made an entire empire in the online world known as e-commerce or e-business. The e-commerce represents the use of online technology in the operations of the company. Most companies competing in the business world have implemented some form of internet technology in their daily business operations.
A major feature of electronic commerce is the ability to transfer and communicate information through online platforms. A lot of companies use email servers which allow employees and managers to send messages internal messages through email communication mediums. Companies have also launched business websites which allow potential customers to review information about a certain company and their products and services before making a decision. The websites also provide a channel of communication of consumers with the company.
The internet has also successfully allowed various companies to look for ways in lowering their operational costs and saving capital on services and production of goods. Companies usually implement software for their operation in order to track the different operations in business and review the effectiveness as well as efficiency of every department. These software packages help the managers review the information and make better decisions regarding the effectiveness of operations.
A lot of companies that are still operating in the traditional environment were not able to directly sell services and goods to businesses and other consumers. These companies like the intermediate goods producers and manufacturing companies need a middleman in order to help sell the goods. The internet allows these traditional companies set up websites in order to sell their products and generate a pipeline for business sales.
Perth – September 5, 2015 – So you want to get into the world of Perth web? But before you do that, you should know that web design is not an easy business. There are things that would need to be considered in order for you to fully establish yourself as an effective freelancer and successful web designer. You should know that most of the time, it’s not all about the love for the work but more like a responsibility that you would have to keep up.
So before you go ahead and build a web design business, here are some interesting points that you should first ponder on.
- The first thing that you would need to know and determine what ‘freelancing’ means to you. If you think of it as a getaway or a vacation wherein you can just pop in whenever you want to, then this business is probably not for you. Take note that you can work from anywhere you want but that doesn’t mean you get to have fun all the time. You should remember that when you engage in freelancing, you would have to be consumed by it in the beginning. All you would need to care about is your work and although it may be stressful and frustrating, it’ll all pay off when you have fully established yourself.
- The second thing to remember is that not all sales have the same value even if they are priced the same. Just think about it. In the beginning, it is natural for you to be hungry for sales. When potential customers make contact with you, you would definitely give it your all to win his or her business. Unfortunately, you may have priced your sales all the same but you cannot say that in terms of value. How much time have you invested, or even wasted, in a single sale? If you spent too much time on a single customer, the value of the sale decreases. In contrast to that, when you make an easy sale, saving up much time as possible that is a highly valuable sale.
- The last thing for you to ponder on is how you don’t always get to do the thing that you love. Sure you may have entered this business because you just love to design websites. But in the long while, you will understand that you cannot do this on your own. You should accept the fact that you will need help.
Painting has been a significant addition to homes and when you need a painting job to be carried out perfectly, ask the help of experts at Fitzhugh Decorators. The decorators at this renowned company have at least several decades of professional experience in the industry. Customers are sure not to go wrong when seeking for their expertise.
Even in India, the industry of paint is in an obvious boom. The Berger Paints just recently announced that it is planning two new production facilities in North East India. They are currently at the stage of contemplating to build two new units in Assam. One unit will be under Berger while the other will be under the British Paints brand. This news was confirmed by the Berger chairman who is Kuldip Singh Dhingra.
The chairman further announced that they will place the proposal and inform the board of directors immediately. The managing director of Berger Paints further gave concrete figures. According to Abhijit Roy, the total land area is expected to be about 12 acres while the investment in the initial phase of the project is expected to be in the amount of Rs 60 crore.
The Berger chairman also told media that the company had also received invitations from Russia to build another plant. He further said that the company already had an existing plant in Russia. They were offered with land at a very competitive and tempting offer. The company will launch another production plant in the country when there is already enough volume.
Texture painting walls
If you are planning to do some texture painting in walls, here are some useful tips for you.
– Homes that have expansive natural views, textured walls will allow the interior look of your home to match the outdoor scenery. Texture painting will connect the rooms with their surroundings.
– The textured walls look best with organic colors as well as with warmer colors because they usually are tied up to their natural roots. You can proceed in experimenting with gold, brown, gray and other warm colors.
– Texture painting the wall will not hide the damage on the wall; however, it is still the best choice in covering time worn out surfaces.